Effective Date: July 12, 2022.
1. Introduction and Overview.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
2. Information Collection.
Our Service is primarily business to business. We collect information when you browse our Service or send an inquiry to us. If your employer is a subscriber of the Service, you may also gain access to certain customer portals within the Service. For these customer portals, we collect information when you do things such as log-in, utilize various functionalities, or otherwise interact with us.
We collect information that you directly provide to us, such as your first and last name, email address, and any account credentials. Please don’t provide us with any information that we don’t request.
We also automatically collect information about your device (e.g., device type, browser type, operating system, internet service provider, regional/language settings, IP address) and usage behavior (e.g., features you use, pages you visit, emails you view, time of day you access, referring and exiting pages) using various background technologies, including:
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser that save data about your visit. Cookies often include a unique identifier (e.g., cookie #123). We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, understanding how you use the Service, and supporting security features. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and expire on a set expiration date or when they are deleted manually.
- Session and Link Tracking Technologies, which allow us to track session within the portals and track links clicked for invites to the portals.
We also sometimes obtain information from third party sources, such as publicly available sources and combine that information with information collected through the Services.
For details on how we use and disclose your information, and your rights and choices, including around tracking technologies, see below.
3. Use of Information.
- Providing the Service to you and our customers.
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, or threats or harm.
- Understanding trends, usage, and activities, including through tracking technologies or surveys, to make business and marketing decisions.
- Communicating with you and our customers about updates, security alerts, changes to policies, and other transactional messages.
- Fulfilling any purpose at your direction.
- With notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use publicly available information (as that term is defined by applicable law) or information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified as those terms are defined by applicable law) for any purpose to the extent permitted by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
4. Disclosure of Information.
- Service Providers. We disclose information to service providers that process information on our behalf. Service providers assist us with services such as data analytics, website hosting, and technical support. To the extent required by law, we contractually prohibit our service providers from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purpose other than performing the services for us, although we may permit them to use publicly available information (as that term is defined by applicable law) or information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified as those terms are defined by applicable law) to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Affiliates. We disclose information to our affiliates and related entities (if any), including where they act as our service providers or for their own internal purposes.
- Merger or Acquisition. We disclose information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We disclose information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also disclose information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We disclose information where you direct us to disclose the information.
- Consent. We disclose information with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may disclose publicly available information (as that term is defined by applicable law) or information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified as those terms are defined by applicable law) to the extent permitted by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we disclose information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
5. Other Parties.
6. Your Rights and Choices.
6a. Tracking Technology Management.
- Cookies. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
6b. E-mail Communications.
You can unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails (if any) by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Your opt out is limited to the email address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. Please note that you cannot opt out of transactional messages.
6c. California Shine the Light.
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information (as that term is defined by Shine the Light) disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in “Contact Us” below and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
The Service is not directed toward children under 13 years old, and we do not knowingly collect personal information (as that term is defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected personal information from children, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Data Security.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
9. International Transfer.
11. Contact Us.
If you have any questions about our data practices, please contact us:
4479 W. Sunset Blvd. #186, Los Angeles, CA 90026